Friday, August 5, 2011

Eat Less. Pray more. Love all.

To eat less, pray more and love all was my New Year resolution and I realised I never got around to putting it to practise. But I guess it’s never too late to start midyear. It’s not like the year is over yet.

Eat less: This always holds true for me. Whenever I cook a lot I eat less. I become satiated by the process. Also the simple joy of serving the food just fills me up. I would gladly go without a meal if there were enough people eating from my table.

Pray more: I had gotten so busy with life...that I was hardly looking up to Him. You know talking to Him, about stuff...like I used to. Let’s just say I forgot that he was driving my car called life. Past one week I just began to tire out thinking I was driving it the whole while....What a laugh! How vain we are. Us humans. We think we are in control of everything. But the truth is we are not in charge at all. “Why, even all the hairs on your head have been counted!” by Him. So He says “Stop being afraid. You are worth more than a bunch of sparrows." “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”

Love all: To love is to live. There is no other way to live other than with love. Like my dad says - to love is a decision one takes anew every morning. And anyone can take that decision to love anyone in any circumstances. So what could be possibly stopping me from loving all?
Therefore today I choose to bake a carrot cake. It’s healthy and has a lot of goodness. I usually bake it for Christmas. But I feel Christmas is here already. New realisations have been born in my heart. THats what Christmas is all about, isn't it?




This carrot cake is made with grated carrots and dates or raisins. You can try it too...
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups grated carrots
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup chopped dates or raisins

Preparation:

Beat together eggs, sugar, oil, grated carrots and vanilla. Sift together
The flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices; gradually add to
Carrot mixture and beat to blend well. Fold in chopped nuts and dates or
Raisins.
Bake in a greased 10-inch tube pan at 375° for about 55 to 65 minutes.
A wooden pick inserted in centre should come out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment